Essential Architecture-  Chicago Northeast

Jackson / Thomas House

architect

Unknown

location

7053 N. Ridge Blvd.

date

1874

style

Italianate

construction

wood

type

House
 
   
   
Built by Andrew B. Jackson, one of the five partners in the Rogers Park Land Company that subdivided this area and a founding trustee of the town of Rogers Park, this house combines elements of Italianate and Second Empire architecture. Manufacturer L.H. Thomas acquired the property in 1879. The broad porch and entrance, classical in design, were probably added around 1910.

links

With special thanks to the City of Chicago website, www.egov.cityofchicago.org , for much of the info on this page.
Photos copyright City of Chicago.
www.essential-architecture.com